Friday, 25 November 2011

New York City Weekend


One of the reasons I chose Toronto was that it is so close to NYC and I love NY.. i just get that feeling of bliss when I'm there.. I have been there twice before last weekend and now thrice! I do feel very bless to be able to visit a city for the third time. Even better when it's a weekend.

As days goes by, I continue to learn things about myself. Well, it's more of a realisation. Yes, "I don't procrastinate, I just do things later.." lol Juen posted the other day that got me thinking. I have this thing, where I tend to leave things to the last minute. It's been with me since high school. I don't know why. I blame the Internet and TV. Or plainly it's just my personality. I have an addictive personality. Don't get me into anything, I will get addicted. Maybe it's the issue of me not being able to say no? or to lie? or the thrill? hm, anyway, the quest continues..but it did help me in getting ready a lot quicker to make up for lost time! lol

Cat and I are big culprits of this (leaving things to the last minute). We say to ourselves that we're just spontaneous. LOL. maybe, maybe not.

Anyway, so on the day of my departure to NY, I was at work til 3pm. Came home and decided to go for a nap since my bus schedule weren't leaving til 10pm and my housemate was going to give me a lift so I figured I had plenty of time. I couldn't nap and were just fart assing around instead. LOL.. slowly packing, eating, watching tv, doing random things. Matteo was nice enough to cook while I was packing, we ate dinner and I wanted to upload the next blog. I already wrote this one, was just finalising the details and uploading photos. Damnit, photos take so long to upload! lol I should have know from Vien's constant whining... anyway, I left the house half an hour before my departure and apparently it takes 5mins for us to get down to the carpark and get the car out onto the road! OMG. I was stressed.. I seriously thought I was going to miss the bus! lol, almost anyway.. but I made it. JUST.

We took a bus from Bay St, with Megabus, it cost us $67 one way because we were taking the overnight bus (cheaper other times). It takes 10 hrs but with customs and immigration, it took us 12 hrs to get there. Which in Aussie terms, is nothing. Linda and I have been on buses for long hours before so it was no biggie. It's part of the adventure.

So, we arrived on the 7th Ave and 28th St, Mike was starving - we search for a place to eat and to meet Nic who flew in from Montreal.

After checking in and refreshing ourselves, we head off to the Empire State Building. Linda, Mike and Nic have never been to NY before, so of course they want to see some touristy stuff. I really didn't mind going up the ESB again as I've never been up there during the day.. so it'll still be new and exciting and I wanted to belt out "empire state of mind" lol

Most of you would have seen on my facebook page that I have been "star jumping" around the world, so I wanted to that here too. I got told off, I mean come on it's not like i'm going to star jump myself off the building.. lol it's all barricaded anyway geez! As I got distracted, I didn't get to sing :( probably best anyway! lol

Mike and Linda went to a college basketball game at Madison Square Gardens and Nic & I went photo shooting in Central Park. It was such a nice day. I love the colours and the lights. It was nice and relaxing and I really enjoyed it. This is my type of holidays. Taking everything in, the surroundings, the people watching, the colours, the laughter all round. Lots of kids and families in the ice skating rink. It was beautiful.

Looking at my photos, I saw the magical bubbles that was created by a man with two sticks and some strings. Kids love these things. Nic asked me.. why do you think kids love it? I thought, well, cuz it's clear, it has a rainbow in it and yeah it's magical and it's the unknown. A clear yet colourful massive bubble that can take the kids mind into another world. Chasing after it and then it just disappear! woahhhh! lol perhaps I'm just a little kid myself.

We went to Katz's for pastrami sandwich which was recommended by Gerard. OMG. it was delicious! And huge! I only could eat half the sandwich!

We met up with the rest including Gerard at BOB. A very tiny little bar in LES. More drinks and shots and no such thing as personal space in this place. LOL. But the music was good. We've been drinking shots of "wet pussies" I just googled the recipe to find out what's in it.. and um.. yeah I think you'll just have to do it yourself. HAHA. Anyway, so I went up to the bar to order more shots of this and apparently no one really know what it is. And the boys (G) was really embarrassed about ordering this drink! hahaha Apparently the african american barman knew how to make it. So, I called him over and asked for my 5 shots of wet pussies. He ushered an older man over to serve me. The guy whom I found out was George hesitated at first. He came over and start talking to me. You know, the whole, oh where are you from, what are you doing here etc etc.. anyway, I got my drinks and he helped me bring it over to my friends. It was literally 1m away. LOL. He then asked me if he was my bf  (pointing to all the boys in the corner). Now, when an older man asked you these sorts of question, of course you're going to say YES. LOL hoping that he'll leave you alone. Like my alias of Michelle, Chloe and other random names I give to guys who are just too forward. Anyway, he told me that he is the owner of the club, I bet he thought he can win me over with this. HAHAHA
As we left the club, he took my hand and put in a business card with his contact details and said "ditch your bf tomorrow and call me" WTF? LOL! are you insane? hilarious! only in NYC.

The next day wasn't pleasant.. too many wet pussies. Oh my head really hurt! To make things worst, we (I) wanted to go back to this breakfast place called Clinton St Baking Company. I remembered it being really awesome last year when I was there with Cat & Eddie and it was around the corner of our place. Anyway, the line here is just unbelievable. It was a 1.5hrs wait and we thought we'll go find another cafe. We decided to head over to Statue of Liberty and find something there. The subway had some construction this day and when you don't know your way around and just going by the map, it was quite difficult to get our way around. We didn't end up eating til about 2pm.

Anyway, I can spend days talking about everything that happened but I need to get out of the house today. It's taken me two days to write this cuz i keep getting distracted. lol
I'll give you the highlights: We visited the tiny little statue of liberty, walked around ground zero, saw the wall st occupy, a bit of shopping, MoMart, eat crazy amount of meat at The Hills Country (thanks G for booking it for us) and on the last day we caught the sub to Brooklyn and walked back to Manhattan.
It was a great weekend away and thank you so much to Linda, Mike and Nic for sharing the weekend with me. And to Gerard for hanging out with us at nights :) I had so much fun!!!!!

I'll admit though, as soon as I was back in Toronto, it just felt like home.




No comments:

Post a Comment